Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 802 - Grandpa's Achy Breaky Back


Lazy Grandpa Ichikawa has a bad back. He's had a bad back for decades. I remember when it was Auntie Anne's (pretzel maven) college graduation from the Pretzel Academy. We were all going to celebrate by going to one of her many franchises, but my dad bent over to pick something up and his back went out. He sadly crawled his way into the bedroom, pulled himself into bed, and began to watch television. And he has been watching television in bed ever since.

Emma and Andrew do not know that Lazy Grandpa has a bad back. They do know he loves to watch television and lie down on the couch all day...but they don't know about his back. So when they play with him, they play as if they are playing with me (i.e. rough and tumble). Granted a strapping young lad as myself can put up with the abuse of two year old twins, but Lazy Grandpa can hardly even shoo the kids away with the remote control.

I will say that despite Lazy Grandpa's bad back, he is pretty peppy and healthy for his age. Yet I still cringe when I see the kids jump all over Grandpa...but not enough to stop me from grabbing my trusty video camera to tape some footage! Enjoy!





And to make matters worse, Crazy Grandma joined in the party. Suffice to say, there will be a funeral service for Lazy Grandpa's spinal cord next Friday at Forest Lawn Cemetary.

No comments: