Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 801 - Lazy Grandpa Ichikawa Storytime


What could be lazier that a...person...who...zzz...

(TWO HOURS PASS)

Whoa! I fell asleep and totally forgot what I was going to say. Anyway, it's time for another edition of...Lazy Grandpa Ichikawa Storytime!

Since my television pilot wrapped up, Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa were packing up their apartment for their trip back to Sacramento. Today, I visited Crazy and Lazy so I could help them pack and start to bring some boxes over to our place for storage. It didn't seem as if they had as much to pack this time around, but I imagine a lot of that had to do with the fact that they finished eating up the 20 pound bag of rice that they initially brought.

After putting several boxes in my car, Lazy Grandpa asked me if I wanted to bring the coat rack back home. I questioned the height, but Lazy Grandpa told me that he could unscrew it because it comes in two pieces. So I said okay.

When we got back to their apartment, the coat rack was disassembled. Crazy Grandma griped to Lazy Grandpa that the coat rack had one screw and it wasn't even screwed in, so she took it a part.

Lazy Grandpa corrected Crazy. "Linnnnnda. I unscrewed the coat rack last NIGHT because I KNEW we had to take it a part. See! I'm always one step ahead of you. That's right. One...step..ahead."

Crazy Grandma shook her head with disagreement while Lazy and I went back down to the garage to pack up the car. On the way down the elevator, Lazy Grandpa mustered enough energy to explain that Crazy Grandma always thinks she's right, but he always has to think one step ahead. One...step...ahead. And for clarification, the pauses between words is for emphasis, and not because he's lazy with his speech.

We packed up my car one more time, and as I shut the trunk Lazy Grandpa said, "Crap." Lazy Grandpa forgot his keys in the apartment.

In this case, it was a true crap situation because the garage at my parent's apartment is very secure. You need keys to operate the elevator as well as all perimeter gates and doors. Once you're in the garage, you're stuck with a key.

It took awhile to get out of our locked situation because Crazy Grandma's cell phone was turned off. When we finally made it upstairs, Crazy Grandma wondered why it took us so long. And when Lazy Grandpa said he forgot his keys, Crazy Grandma was very sympathetic.

"You forget key?" sadly said Crazy Grandma. "HAHAHA! You one step ahead? Not dis time! HAHAHA!"

No comments: