Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 794 - Farm Aid

When I was a kid, I remember playing with simple toys like blocks, crayons, and cat bones. But all of the toys we have seem so complicated with all of the buttons and switches and cranks. The worst part is the noise.

Why does every toy need to make a noise? Not a day goes by when I curse the inventor of the sound chip. There are days when the kids are activating so many synthesized sounds from their toys that it reminds me of this awful car accident I had in the 1980s with a Casio keyboard delivery truck. To this day, the song Axel F turns my face white. And don't get me started on St. Elmo's Fire.

Recently, I took out a toy we got for the kid's birthday out of the closet. It's this little Fisher Price farmhouse. It was a hit with the kids. But once again, there are doors and switches that activates farm sounds. Annoying.

What's more annoying is that if you slide this chicken on the farm, it plays a snippet of Old McDonald Had a Farm. For some reason, Andrew found this extremely entertaining. So entertaining that he did it over and over...and over...and over...and over again. I took video of Andrew amusing himself to this music. Cute at first, then it becomes annoying, terrifying, and horrific.


No comments: