Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 896 - The Best Has Yet to Come


I have been back at work for the past two and a half weeks after a two and a half month stay at home with the kids. It is a weird transition for me when I go back to work and when I return to be a stay-at-home dad. I don't know what the kids think about it because either way they don't respect me -- which is pretty much the same attitude I get from my co-workers.

Although my job in television production can be extremely stressful and tiring, the worst day at work does not come close to the worst day at home. Imagine an entire day of crying, whining, and temper tantrums. Throw in twelve daily diaper changes and now you know the difference between work and home.

Seeing how much the kids have developed over the few months I was able to stay home, I do wonder what I'm missing out on when I'm at work. What new words did they learn? Did they use the potty? Did they teach Lazy Grandma the difference between the HDMI1 and HDMI2 inputs on the television remote?

Thankfully, I have a thoughtful wife who knows what I'm going through with my transition from home to work. Lisa knows that despite my sarcasm and external emotional deadness, I'm a pretty sensitive fella. This is why while I was away at work, she took this short video of the kids saying something that really got to me.



Stay tuned for tomorrow's entry: The Kids Learn How to Use the Word 'Whore' in a Sentence.

No comments: