Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 888 - Poll Results & New Poll

Last week I asked whether I should change my mom's nickname from Crazy Grandma to her boring preference of Funny Grandma. Although my mom is indeed funny, eighty-two percent agreed with me that her craziness outweighs anything else. So, sorry Grandma...you're still crazy!
You may notice the new Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime picture that I posted for today's post. I want to clarify that this will not be the new graphic that I use every time I write a Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime entry. The sole purpose of the photo is much more simple: to increase the anger and annoyance of my mom realizing that her nickname is still Crazy Grandma.
**********

I wrote an entry a few days ago about Andrew's "bunny blanket" incident in the bathtub with Emma. I thought this story was pretty funny so I told a few of my friends. They couldn't visualize how a bunny blanket could resemble a boy's frank and beans. Only after I drew this picture of the bunny head did my friends get it:


That's right. You have to think of floppy ears. That's the visual key.

Anyhoo, one of my friends found this story a little disturbing. I think my friend wanted to smack me on the side of my head and tell me to give the kids separate baths. I told my friend this was all innocent fun on the part of two year olds, and we have to stop interpreting this behavior through our middle-aged perverted minds. Of course, I told Andrew he shouldn't shove his manicotti in other people's faces because his Daddy did that once in a park and got sent off to a "bad castle" for six months.

So what do you think about bathtime? Am I underreacting? Or is my friend overreacting like Crazy Grandma has been doing for the past twenty minutes ever since she found out Funny Grandma Ichikawa has been vetoed?

No comments: