Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 881 - Poll Results & New Poll


Last week, I asked what toddler activity would be best for Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa to participate with the kids. First place was a tie between music and gym classes; they each received twenty-six percent of the votes. And not too far behind was indoor playgrounds with twenty-one percent and art classes with fifteen percent. And I received one anonymous e-mail that said the following: I tink the kids wil be very hapy to just have thier grandma and grandpa around to babysit them. THey do'nt need to go out where it dirty with germs. Dirty dirty outsid. I wish not to say who I am, but I am not crazy.

I did ask my parents if they wanted me to sign the kids up for any activities, but they told me to hold off for now. I gave them some information regarding the indoor playground down the block, and how Borders has a children's storytime every Friday at 10:30a. Enough options were given to them to make a decision, but for the meantime the kids will have to be entertained eight hours a day by Crazy Grandma's nagging and Lazy Grandpa's sleeping.

**********

Speaking of Crazy Grandma, she has never enjoyed the nickname I chose for her, but a recent incident has made her hate it even more. A week or so ago, Emma was talking to Crazy Grandma via vidchat and she said, "You Crazy Gaga!" But what I thought was a cute and funny slap in the face, Crazy Grandma just saw it as a slap in the face.

Crazy Grandma has requested to me that we no longer call her crazy. I then rattled off a list of other possible nicknames for her: Nutty Fruitcake Grandma, Queen of Purell Grandma, Can't-Pronounce-the-Letter-R Grandma. Surprisingly, she vetoed all of them and suggested we call her Funny Grandma from now on.

What do you think? Crazy Grandma (awesome!) or Funny Grandma (lame!)?

No comments: