Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 876 - Poll Results & New Poll


Last week I inquired about your hygiene habits when someone gets sick at home. Eighty-three percent responded that you give a half-assed approach to it by washing your hands and hoping for the best. While sixteen percent of you are defeatist and are resigned to the fact that you're inevitably going to get sick. So between half-assed and defeatist, I know this is a poll I can totally relate with!

As for us, we take an optimistic defeatist view of sickness in the home. Lisa and I will wash our hands more often -- mostly because we're always wiping snot off the kids and toys. Yet we know no matter how much we hope to stay healthy, our ultimate fate will most likely to get sick just as the kids are about to feel better. And believe me, the only thing worse than taking care of two healthy kids when you're sick is taking care of two healthy kids and me when you're sick (Sorry, Lisa, but my socks need to be ironed again...).

**********

When our place looks cleaner than ever, it can mean only one thing: Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa are returning to babysit! I go back to work next Monday, so my parents are coming down one last time to watch the kids. They will be down here for the next 3 1/2 months until Lisa's summer vacation break. This means Lisa and I have 15 weekends to plan as many movies, dinners, and European getaways as possible.

In order to make things a little easier for my parents, I was thinking of researching activities that they could take the kids to during the day. I find the day goes by a lot faster if I do something with the kids whether it's something as simple as a leisurely stroll or a toddler decathlon (Emma throws a mean discus!). But the key to the activities I'm looking into is that it exhausts the kids and not my elderly parents.

I've come up with a few ideas like music class, indoor playgrounds, and bocce ball. What do you think would be the best activity for my very, very, very old parents to take the kids to?

No comments: