Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 540 - Poll Results & New Poll


Last week, I asked if you thought parents could honestly admit that their kid was not cute. The results were a tie! Thirty-three percent of you thought parents of ugly babies lived in a world of ignorant bliss, and thirty-three percent thought parents knew their baby was not cute but would never say it out loud (No need to...the baby's face will do that for them!).

My personal opinion is that although the majority of babies are cute, there are a few of them that are better suited for the cover of Dog Fancy magazine. I refuse to believe that a parent can't tell that their baby is not cute because that very same person probably skims through People magazine critiquing how awful Megan Fox/Jessica Alba/Angelina Jolie looks like without make-up. This doesn't mean that the parent doesn't love their baby, it just means that in addition to a college fund there is probably also a botox fund.

**********

Have I mentioned recently that Andrew is a ball of energy? I think he can seriously generate enough energy to power China. I remember as a young kid, I would love to run around and hide from my parents in stores. At the right moment, I would break free and hide in the middle of clothes racks. And then I would peek through the clothes spying on my confused parents. I thought it was hilarious at the time, but now I realize I was just being a dumbass.

Andrew can't run fast enough to run away from us, but he certainly enjoys the freedom of awkward running. He'll waddle up and down the hallway screaming for joy while I find myself screaming for serenity. Although I've swore that I would never put a leash on my kid, there are times when it doesn't seem like too bad of an idea. Especially when you consider you have two kids to watch at the same time.

So what's your opinion about the baby leash? Is it a good idea? Bad? Or should I go all out and just get him a ball and chain?

No comments: