Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 854 - Conversations With Andrew


Note: Today's blog entry may make more sense if you remember Day 839's Auntie Anne's Twisted Pretzel Tales.

Auntie Anne (pretzel maven) was talking to Emma and Andrew via video chat. It was an extremely interesting conversation about peek-a-boo, cars, Hello Kitty, and the ideal amount of time it takes for pretzel dough to rise.

Soon it was time for Emma and Andrew to go down for a nap. I told them to put down their pretzel dogs and cinnamon sugar pretzel sticks because they had to say good-bye to their favorite aunt. And by favorite aunt I mean their most favorite aunt on the Ichikawa side because I'm afraid Pediatric Intensive Care Nurse Auntie Susan may stick me with a deadly dose of children's Tylenol if I didn't qualify myself.

After Emma said her good bye, I had to pry Andrew away from his Lightning McQueen toys to bid a fond farewell to Auntie Anne (pretzel maven).

"Andrew," I commanded. "Come here and say good-bye to Auntie Anne."

"Oooookay," said Andrew as he put down his Lightning McQueen butterfly knife.

I place Andrew in front of the computer and asked him to say bye-bye.

"Bye-bye," whispered Andrew.

"Bye-bye whom?" I questioned Andrew.

Andrew looked straight into the computer screen, and then his face lit up as he exclaimed, "BYE BYE, CHING-CHONG!"

As he repeated this over and over, I just glared at Auntie Anne as I awaited another angry phone call from the Mah Jong Appreciation Association.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Day 839 was about Grandma Gaga!