Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 849 - Enough is Enough!


For the past few weeks, I've been detailing the diaper changing conversations between Emma and myself. To recap, Emma makes me feel that Chris Matthews is going to jump out of the closet every time I change her diaper. I even have a surreal image of myself leaving the house and being tackled by a camera crew and the police.

Although there is nothing that will stop the kids from developing their language and speech, I do wish there was some sort of baby muzzle I could put on Emma when I change her diaper. Nothing that would be too restricting or uncomfortable. I'm thinking of something more along the lines of a Boppy muzzle -- something so soft and cuddly that you could possibly fall asleep in it.

What has brought me to this breaking point is the last exchange I had with Emma while changing her diaper. As I dabbed diaper cream around her butt, Emma said her usual, "Hey! Hey!" Except this time she added a sassy, "What are you doing?!?"

I don't know why I decided to rationalize this situation with Emma, but I did.

"Emma, please don't be like that when I change your diaper," I pleaded. "I have to put your diaper cream on so you don't get a rash. You know, I don't like doing this."

Without missing a beat, Emma said, "Me either."

...I can't wait until the teenage years.

No comments: