Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 848 - Poll Results & New Poll


Last week I asked what you do with your kids when you're stuck indoors with them. It looks like we have a bunch of crafty moms reading this blog because forty-four percent of you say you do arts and crafts. And I'd say about twenty-two percent of people who read this blog are dads because that's how many of them said they would just hide in a closet and hope for the best...me included.

To be honest, we haven't done a whole bunch of arts and crafts with the kids yet. I want to say it's because they're still too young, but I think the real reason is that we're too lazy to deal with the clean up. Proudly, I made a batch of claydough during a rainy day because I thought that might be a good way to deal with the kids' cabin fever. Emma and Andrew gladly played with it for at least half an hour, and the clean up was easy enough. The only thing about playing with claydough is that Andrew hated how doughy his fingers ended up getting. Gee, where could he possibly have gotten this aversion to dirtiness? Hmm....CRAZY GAGA?

Actually this isn't the picture I wanted to upload about claydough. This is actually for another post about the kids picking their noses.

**********

Speaking of which...Emma and Andrew have recently gained the habit of picking their noses, sticking out their tongue, and putting their fingers in their mouth. I don't know where they picked this up from because I try really hard to do all of the above in the privacy of my bedroom. Whenever one sees the other one doing it, they both end up doing it together and laughing up a storm. If there's ever an Olympic sport about synchronized nose picking, sign our kids up! They'll be the Kristi Yamaguchi of boogers! Kleenex endorsements, here we come.

Lisa and I have tried to break the kids of this habit. When we see them picking their noses, we give them a tissue. If they are sticking out their tongues, we ask them to put their tongue back inside. If we see them put their fingers in their mouth, we tell them the only time to do that is in an Ethiopian restaurant.

Is there anything else we can do? What do you think?


No comments: