Saturday, March 8, 2008

Day 168 - Another Northern California Trip


We made our way up to Santa Clara yesterday because Lisa's brother is getting married today. Because of that the blog updates this weekend will be on the shorter side. I'll explain our second Northern California trip sometime next week.

So in the meantime, I have a short Grandma Ichikawa story to share with you!

I was talking to my mom earlier this week because she was once again checking up on me to see how I am doing as Mr. Mom. She then randomly transitioned into this story of someone she knows passing away. My mom went on and on with a grab bag of details that went down a long, aimless road (kind of like Interstate 5 on the way up to Santa Clara). I then interrupted my mom to ask her how her this person passed away. She answered that he died of hemorrhoids.

"Hemorrhoids?" I responded. I thought to myself that must be one awful way to die. Perhaps instead of an epitaph, an epitass was inscribed on the tombstone.

My mom said that what she said was correct. "He died of hemorrhoids. A brain hemorrhoid."

Then I heard my dad in the background grumble, "Not hemorrhoids. Hemorrhage!"

I guess it was appropriate while on the subject of asses that my mom had another verbal fart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Grandma Ickikawa!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Auntie kills me! (Hey, you're in my neck of the woods! I want to meet the edamame twins!) xox