Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 933 - Conversation with Emma

Emma has reached a phase where she is always wondering what Lisa and I are doing. If Emma asks Lisa why she's walking into the kitchen, Lisa will answer, "To cook your dinner." If Emma asks me why I'm walking into the kitchen, I will answer, "To extinguish your dinner."

One day, when the kids were busily keeping themselves occupied with their multitude of toys, Lisa decided it was a good time to take a pee. But instead of doing it in her pants, Lisa figured she'd better go to the bathroom.

As Lisa opened the bathroom door, Emma asked, "What you doing, Mommy?"

"I'm going to go to the bathroom," answered Lisa.

"You go by yourself?" questioned Emma with serious concern.

"Yes, Emma," said Lisa. "I'm going to go to the bathroom by myself."

And then with a sigh, Emma said, "Good job, Mommy."

No comments: