Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 905 - Hakuna Matata


I don't know what it is about the song "Hakuna Matata", but our kids love it. There are times when we have the song repeating over and over again over our stereo system. Hakuna matata is a Swahili phrase that means "There are no worries", but in our household it should be translated into "There are no worries because this damn song has brainwashed our head into a heaping pile of mush."

This song has been so entrenched in our lives that I even find myself singing or humming the song. I might be on the freeway and a car cuts me off. Instead of cursing up a storm, I'll just sing, "Hakuna Matata." Maybe I'm at work, and one of my co-workers forgets to do an important task. Instead of reprimanding him by throwing a cup of coffee in his face, I'll just sing, "Hakuna Matata." Or maybe my evil uncle who is trying to overtake the throne, kills my father by tossing him into a stampede of wildebeests. Instead of feeling guilt, I'll just sing, "Hakuna Matata."

Speaking of singing, here is a video of Emma attempting to sing "Hakuna Matata."

No comments: