Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 912 - Swings, Slides and Screams


Last weekend, we took the kids to Griffith Park. Emma and Andrew enjoyed running around the grass, exploring the playgrounds, riding the merry-go-round, and asking what chicharrons are.

It was interesting to see how differently Emma and Andrew explored the playground. Emma took a more focused and calm approach. She would walk around until she found something that interested her. But Andrew was like an alcoholic let loose in a Bev N More store. He wanted to try anything and everything.

While I was pushing Andrew on the swing, I was surprised by his reaction. Not so much his emotional reaction, but his vocal reaction: he screamed like a little girl. Every time I pushed him higher, Andrew would grin and squeal like a woman who just got tickets to Oprah's My Favorite Things show.

Take a listen:




Although I did find it a little weird that Andrew's high pitched scream continued to attract packs of feral dogs, I tried to rationalize that it could have been worse. After all, there are a lot of other noises that are a lot more irritating and annoying than a little boy's yelps.

In this next video, I put together a sampling of noises that would have been much, much worse than Andrew's actual screeches. Personally, the last example has made it impossible for me to sleep for the past two nights.

No comments: