Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 929 - Conversations with Andrew


It was almost time to put the kids to sleep, and I was carrying Andrew in my arms. Lisa was on the other side of the room vacuuming, dusting, and fixing drywall, so I really didn't want to bother her too much. But to make simple conversation with Andrew, I pointed towards Lisa and asked him, "Who is that over there?"

"Daddy," Andrew answered.

Certainly, Lisa has some manly attributes (e.g. hairy legs, facial hair, penis), but she is definitely not as rugged and masculine as me.

I asked Andrew again, "Who is that?"

Once again, Andrew answered, "Daddy!"

I took a step forward towards Lisa and asked one final time, "Andrew. Who is that?"

With a big smile, Andrew said, "Daddy!!!"

I turned Andrew's face towards me and explained to him, "Andrew. That's mommy, and I'm daddy!"

Andrew looked simply at me and said matter of factly, "It just joke. It just joke."

No comments: