Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 487 - Poll Results & New Poll


Last week I asked whether or not it was too early to discipline the kids. The results were pretty close! Fifty-four percent thought we should discipline the kids according to the situation. The remainder of you believed it's never too early to teach your children discipline. Surprisingly, there was not one vote that agreed with the notion that our kids are too young to be disciplined. Although I must admit I saw Emma and Andrew at the laptop trying to figure out how to vote for that option. I would've admonished them for playing with the computer except the poll was not closed yet so I just shrugged at them and we all drank a few beers (It is okay to let babies drink beer, right?).

**********

As I mentioned to a friend at work, our big exciting trips over the weekends have now become Costco and Target. A few weekends ago, I was excited to find a very fancy shower caddy at Bed, Bath, & Beyond on sale. If I mentioned "shower caddy" and "Bed, Bath, & Beyond" in a sentence ten years ago, I would've bitch-slapped myself repeatedly. But for better or worse, this is the current reality of our weekend excursions.

Ever since we took the kids to an amusement park last August and noticed how uninterested the kids were, Lisa and I realized we just wasted a bunch of money that could've gone towards something more entertaining like fancy shower caddies. From that point on, we really haven't taken the kids any where too stimulating unless you count Costco, Target, and the occasional, exotic Cost Plus.

Now that the kids are sixteen months old and a lot more aware of their surroundings, do you think it's about time to take them somewhere again? What would be an appropriate place for kids their age? The park? A zoo? A baby-proofed brothel?

No comments: