Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 323 - Poll Results & New Poll

Last week, I asked what you thought of my Grandma Ichikawa stories. Seventy-five percent of you think they are hilarious. Twenty-five percent of you want to donate towards Lisa's future therapy sessions. But if anyone needs therapy it would be me -- I'm the one has had to deal with Grandma Ichikawa since birth.

When my family was in town, we were all around the dining table when my sister made a comparison between our mom and Marie from "Everybody Loves Raymond." They're both well-meaning, but sometimes the words that come out from their mouths have not been screened by standards and practices. We all had a big laugh over this until my sister (pretzel maven) made a sad face. When I asked her what was wrong, she said, "If our family is suppose to be like 'Everybody Loves Raymond' that means I'm Robert." So I tried to comfort her by telling her that Robert is a much bigger loser than she is.

**********

In a few weeks, we are going to drive to Santa Clara for Lisa's nephew's wedding. We've done the drive before, but the last time we visited was March of this year. Almost six full months will have past, and our kids are much more aware of their surroundings (i.e. they're becoming fussy, whiny, and needy...). I remember driving to Santa Clara and not stopping at all because the kids slept the entire time. But I think next month will be different.

For those of you who have made 5-6 hour car trips with one year old kids, what is the best way to get to your destination...without using horse tranquilizers and wormholes.

5 comments:

Susan Tajii said...

Carefully.

Lynette said...

I've heard playing movies in your car's DVD player seems to keep the kids quiet. (If you don't have one in your car, what can I tell ya?????)

Anonymous said...

I have something for you on my blog!

Anonymous said...

What I want to know is will I get to see the kids? :)
debbi

Anonymous said...

Have whoever is not driving sit between the kids so they can be fed and entertained along the way.