Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 315 - Two Grandparents and a Pretzel Maven


This past Friday, my parents and my sister, Auntie Anne (pretzel maven), came to visit us for a few days. When Lisa's mom came to visit last month, I hardly had any funny stories to put on the blog. The reason for that is that Grandma Ichinaga did NOT want to be on the blog, so she tried very, very hard not to do any thing goofy. But Grandma Ichikawa has only been here for 2 days so far, and we have at least half a dozen goofy stories to tell. Here are a few of them:

1. Before my parents and sister came, Lisa cleaned up our place. She vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen tiles, dusted, and even cleaned her ears. So when my mom came, she told Lisa she was surprised at how clean everything was. But while Lisa and I were out doing some errands, we returned to find out that my mom cleaned the entrance way carpet. She told Lisa, "I got down on mah hands and knees and scrubbed, scrubbed, scrubbed. It was sooooo dirty!"

2. I still haven't bought Lisa her anniversary gift, but I knew what to buy and was going to get it while my parents were around babysitting. As we were all watching television, my mom asked me in front of Lisa, "Did you buy doze bronze lamps for Lisa's anniversary gift?" And now once again, I do not know what to buy Lisa for her anniversary present.

3. Lisa cooked a nice dinner for everyone on Friday night. Since Auntie Anne (pretzel maven) is a vegetarian, Lisa made a tofu stir-fry with rice noodles and a spicy orange sauce. When Grandma Ichikawa took her first bite she said, "Wow! This is actually good!"

4. There was a bowl of grapes on our kitchen table, and there was only one left. My mom took the last one when Lisa lamented that she hardly ate any grapes at all. So Grandma Ichikawa kindly offered the last one. As Lisa was about to take it, my mom licked the grape and said, "You want dis now? Hahahaha!" And then my mom ate the grape.

5. For dessert, Lisa bought some cheesecake and baked some cookies. The next day, Lisa had an upset stomach. She told my mom that she thought she got a stomach ache from the cheesecake. Grandma Ichikawa tells Lisa, "It wasn't the cheesecake...it was the cookie you baked! Hahahah! Dat was a good one! Funny jokey! Hahaha!"

6. Finally, here are a few words of wisdoms from Grandma Ichikawa:
On Costco Grocery Lists: "You no need list. If you need toilet paper, you just get toilet paper."
On Overweight People: "Just stop eating."
On Andrew's Feeding Schedule: "Andrew's stomach is like a clock. When it's hungry, it growls."

My family isn't going to return to Sacramento until Tuesday morning, so if there's anything worth reporting you know you'll read it here first...since it's not newsworthy anywhere else.

No comments: