Monday, May 26, 2008

Day 247 - Poll Results & New Poll


Last week I asked when we should take the kids on an actual vacation, like Disneyland or a malaria-infested tour of Africa. Funny that during this 3-day weekend, half of you suggested we wait until the kids turn two or at a minimum, wait until they are out of college. That's quite a number of years with no vacation considering that by the time the kids graduate from a university I'll be in my mid-50s, and I'll have to return Lisa to her senior citizen community by 10pm lest I rile up a surly orderly.

Although I am months away from my current job from ending, when you work in the entertainment industry you always have to think a month or so ahead to figure out your next job. Lisa and I have discussed on and off whether or not I should take a little time off or just head straight into my next failure...err...savior of a television show. It really is an interesting choice to make especially since my career is based a lot upon momentum...albeit a downhill momentum. So what do you think? Should I actively look for the next job or spend a few months at home with the kids?

2 comments:

Susan Tajii said...

Hmmm, that's something to really think about. If you guys can make it work and have you off for a bit, go for it! - Auntie Susan

Anonymous said...

YOU & LISA can go on vaca- just leave the kiddies at home with a bowl of milk. :)