Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day 227 - Edge of the World

Andrew is quite active. When he is being carried, he reaches for everything within sight -- even if it is Daddy's eyeglasses which makes him lose his sight. When he is lying down, he kicks his legs and waves his arms like Stephen Hawkins out of his wheelchair. Thankfully, he has not been able to crawl yet but we are sure that is coming up sooner than later.

This past Sunday, Andrew was in his crib lying on his tummy. He saw me standing next to him with Emma in my arms. He tried to reach for me, but only got the edge of the crib. With one hand on the crib, he pulled himself to the side and put his other hand on the edge. Slowly he pulled his body up and got on both knees. And voila! Andrew was pseudo-standing up. The way he got himself up reminded me of the way Lisa would stumble into bed late Friday night after a long night of booze and pole dancing at the Hello Kitty Kat Klub. Ah, the good old days.

Since he has done this several times already, I think I will have to lower his mattress down so he doesn't accidentally take a tumble out of the crib. But in the meantime, I placed some empty cardboard boxes on the floor so if he did fall, he would fall like a professional stuntman.

And on a complete tangent, my mom is very upset the "mean Japanese woman judge" on Dancing With the Stars gave Kristi Yamaguchi an 8 yesterday. My mom also predicts the "big girl and the one-armed man" should be kicked off. More commentary to come next week!

1 comment:

Susan Tajii said...

LOWER THOSE CRIBS RIGHT NOW!!!!!! DO YOU HEAR ME????? PLEASE CALL ME TONIGHT AFTER YOU'VE LOWERED THE CRIBS...I MEAN IT!!!! - Auntie Susan, your Pediatric Intensive Care Nurse Auntie