Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 238 - Pretzel Maven Returns

Auntie Anne (pretzel maven) visited us this weekend because she was back in town for a work retreat. The competition with Wetzel's Pretzels has been deadly serious and they are brainstorming ways to combat their declining sales. My sister came up with the idea of a light deep-fried pretzel stick covered with cinnamon sugar. I told her it's already called a churro. And I wasn't about to tell her her idea of a flat round pretzel covered with tomato sauce, cheese, and pepperoni has been around since the 16th century.

I wasn't around when Auntie Anne (pretzel maven) arrived at our place from her retreat because I was still at work. But my parents said that when she picked up the kids, both of them started to cry. My parents and Lisa attributed their whiny demeanor to stranger anxiety. But I know better. I think the kids were pissed off at Auntie Anne (pretzel maven) for not giving their beloved Daddy a birthday present...SINCE...JANUARY! Of course, I could care less, but I really do think the kids are very sensitive and hurt that their only sister...err...aunt would forget about my...err...their dad's birthday.

I don't have any pictures of the kids being frightened by their auntie, but I pulled a couple of pictures from the past that probably can dramatize the fear and terror while being held by Anne:
"Father...Mother...Why must these foreign hands contaminate my youthful skin?"

"This stranger smells like ass."

We don't have any big plans this weekend with Anne. Since it's so hot this weekend, we'll probably get out of the valley and stroll around an outside mall in the early morning. And I also think we'll celebrate Anne's birthday tonight (it was May 5th). Perhaps if there's a little leftover cake and frosting, we can celebrate my birthday too if Auntie Anne (pretzel maven) has a gift for me. Not that I care. I really could give a hoot about a gift. It doesn't matter if I have an Amazon wish list with the following items that could easily be purchased at Best Buy which is a 1/2 mile from our place: Grand Theft Auto IV, Assassin's Creed, No Country For Old Men, Blade Runner, or Guitar Hero. Doesn't matter at all...

No comments: