Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Day 90 -Is the Weather Outside Frightful?

If there's one thing my mom worries about the kids (besides their sleeping, crying, skin condition, eating, clothing, and breathing rhythms), it's their health. That's the main reason why she's so concerned about us traveling during the holidays. Doesn't want those nasty germs out there to rape the kids of their health. Damn raping germs...

As a result of her realizing that we would probably drive up, she sent us some winter jackets for the kids. Since we are in Los Angeles, the winters are never too cold. For example, right now I'm typing this blog in shorts and a sports bra. There have been a couple of days where it has been pretty chilly, but we make sure the kids are nice and cozy.

Usually when we go outside we have the kids dressed like this:

Nothing too out of control, right? They probably have three layers of clothes on, and we'll throw on a hat if need be. More than enough, I say.

When my dear mother told me she sent down these jackets for the kids I figured it would be a Gap-like type of thing. Nothing too thick, but still look like a winter jacket. So it was to my great surprise when I opened up the package that I initially thought I was sent two dead baby seals. These jackets looked way too large for the kids. We didn't have the kids try on the jackets...until tonight. Take a gander.



What was my mom thinking? Emma and Andrew look like two Mummenschanz rejects. You need to understand that their arms reach the elbow area of the sleeves and their legs almost touch the crouch area of the legs. If we lifted them up, they would disappear into the deep abyss of the right footsie.

I called my mom to tell her that the jackets were a bit too large for the kids, but they would probably be able to wear it sometime in January or February...of 2010. The one good thing that came out of this is that we contacted the Jim Henson Company, and our kids and jackets will be touring in the Ice Capades version of The Dark Crystal (I think they're playing a couple of skeksis).

No comments: