Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Day 82 - Stupid: The Sequel

I was going to write about our first week on our own tonight, but something happened that will have to push this entry to a later date.

You see, last night was not a very good night for us. Both kids were pretty fussy, and nobody slept much. Tonight after putting the kids down and eating dinner we started watching "The Bourne Ultimatum" on television. Despite Lisa's fascination with Matt Damon and my fascination with...well...Matt Damon we both were getting quite sleepy. So my brilliant idea at around 8pm tonight was to take a short nap. And the timing was almost perfect since both kids would wake up around 9pm for their next feeding. Off to bed we went. I cozied myself up with my Pound Puppy ready to wake up 30 minutes later refreshed and ready to take on my things to do list.

Right this very minute it is 11:17pm. Over three hours past and the entire Ichikawa family just woke up about 15 minutes ago. I feel crappy and just set my things to do list on fire. Lisa is worried the kids won't sleep through the night now. And both Emma and Andrew are crying. Actually, I'm crying now too.

I suppose the lesson to be learned is twofold: 1) There is no such thing as a short nap when you're exhausted. 2) Learn to use your damn alarm clock.

In the meantime, enjoy these pictures that represent how I feel right now.










No comments: