Thursday, December 6, 2007

Day 77 - Aye, There's the Rub...


Now that there are no grandparents around to help out with feeding time, Lisa has been figuring out ways to accomplish this necessary (so they say) task. For the first three days, she has been feeding them in their car seats on the floor. But bending over all day long took a slight toll on Lisa's back. It is now sore and achy.

When Lisa told me about her sore back, I told her, "You idiot! Put the car seats on the sofa or the coffee table so the kids are level with you! Now where's my Muscle & Fitness magazine?" Hopefully, my constructive advice will help Lisa's back condition.

Last night, we got into bed a bit past midnight after going through our nightly routine with the kids: feed, burp, swaddle, sway, duct tape their mouths. I dragged myself into bed and was ready to crash, but Lisa rolled over and asked, "Will you give me a back rub?"

My poor wife. Home all day by herself with the kids. How could I say no?

"Tomorrow," I said.

"Pleeeease. My back hurts," whined Lisa.

It is very rare when Lisa asks for a back rub. She's a very ticklish person so she does not enjoy massages in general. For one Valentine's Day, I gave her a gift certificate to Burke Williams. But due to her sensitive skin, she did not enjoy the massage at all because she was too giggly. I got a massage once too, and I was also too sensitive...but for another reason I'd rather not discuss.

In order to sleep, I told Lisa to roll over and I would give her a quick back rub. She turns over. I turn towards her. I place my hand on the side of her back and she goes...

"AAAAAHHHHH....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

With one touch on her back she screams. And guess what? She wakes up both kids. Yes, that's right. Both kids wake up and start crying.

And what was the first thing Lisa said after this catastrophe? She said, "You're going to put this on the blog, aren't you?"

Damn right.

No comments: