Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 657 - Shi-Poo-Pee


For those of you who don't know me (which are many) or choose not to know me (which are more), I used to do a lot of theater when I was in high school and college. Amazingly, I even did quite a bit of musical theater despite my two left feet, shaky singing voice, and inability to do proper jazz hands.

In high school, I was Marcellus Washburn in a production of "The Music Man." The odd thing about the production was that the leading man who played Harold Hill was this Vietnamese kid who could sing, dance, and do jazz hands much better than me. I often wondered as I got older whether or not the audience thought they were watching "Flower Drum Song" or "Miss Saigon" instead of "The Music Man." They were probably waiting for a gigantic helicopter to descend from the rafters instead of a bunch of white kids singing "Seventy Six Trombones."

Anyways, I was putting Emma and Andrew to sleep and started to sing and dance this song from "The Music Man" called "Shipoopi." I have no idea what 'shipoopi' means although I would now guess that it is what you find in a diaper after a baby eats too much fruit. For some reason, Emma and Andrew thought it was the funniest song ever and laughed their gigantic baby heads off.

Here's a video of the hilarity:


No comments: