Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 515 - Poll Results & New Poll


Last week, I asked how to keep 16 month year old twins entertained inside all day. The results are in and it was a tie! Forty-two percent of you thought I should entertain them with games (i.e. peek-a-boo, hide and seek, beer pong) and forty-two percent also thought I should do anything and everything to keep the little tykes occupied. Surprisingly, those of you who read this blog are a bunch of television snobs because not one of you voted for that option. All I can say about that is one of two things: 1) You are lying that you never let your kids watch television, or 2) you are lying that you never let your kids watch television.

During the cold and rainy weather, I pretty much tried anything to keep the kids occupied. We played games, danced to music, watched a little television (Poop on you, television snobs! The kids find "The L Word" very entertaining.), and did some coloring. What I also found out that works is swapping out toys on a weekly basis. I'll put away a few toys in the closet and then take them out later. And the stupid lil' kids think they're brand-new toys! If they keep this mentality up until they turn sixteen, I can surprise them each with a "new" car.

**********

Now that we have been introducing more foods to Emma and Andrew, the kids are becoming more particular over the foods they eat. Whereas before they would eat steamed chicken breast and steamed vegetables, they now have a palate for more tasty foods like brisket and fried cheese sticks.

We got to the point where we would have to feed the kids vegetables by mixing it into different foods like rice, scrambled eggs, and fried cheese sticks. The kids used to love eating rice with smashed vegetables in it, but recently they have been spitting it out. Yesterday for dinner, I tried a little experiment. I prepared their rice with the smashed veggies in it, but I added a dash of salt to it. And guess what? They ate up their rice! They really are Japanese!

This week I ask whether or not you think it's okay to flavor their food with stuff like salt, catsup, and the Bhut Jolokia chili*.

*Guiness Book of World Records -- the world's hottest pepper.

No comments: