Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day 378 - Sweating With the Oldie

When my parents babysit the kids, they try to keep them entertained. They play music, read books, and play games. But when all else fails, Crazy Grandma Ichikawa has quite a few tricks up her sleeve.

When I was a younger, I remember my mom being pretty quiet. She would take me outside occasionally, but what I recall is that I enjoyed entertaining myself. I would play with my Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, and testicles for hours on end. Even when I left for college, I don't remember my mom being too odd. Yet somewhere between college and now, my mom became quite wacky. That is why we now call her Crazy Grandma Ichikawa.

And now this brings us to the intersection of babysitting and craziness. Even though both my parents are retired and getting up there, they're pretty dang peppy for their age. My mom tries to be especially energetic by making sure she exercises and eats well. Sometimes when she is babysitting, she'll do some of her exercises in front of the kids. And guess what? Emma started copying my mom with some leg exercises.

My dad caught it all on camera so I share this bond between Crazy Grandma Ichikawa and Crazy Emma Ichikawa with you:

No comments: