Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day 305 - Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime


It's time for another entry of Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime.

Practically every other day, I set up the laptop computer so my parents can see the kids via the good old iChat. The kids get rather excited when they chat with Grandma and Grandpa. Although I'm not 100% sure they are actually excited to video chat because the excitement the kids show is the same reaction they get when I open the fridge.

It's pretty funny to experience the video chat with my parent and the kids. It usually starts out with my dad shouting to my mom "It's on!" and only seeing half of his head. Then my mom enters the frame coming from doing one of two things: cooking or washing her hands.

The kids always want to touch the laptop so we try to create a barrier. What we have done recently is place the laptop on the sofa and then place ottomans in front of the sofa so the kids can't slap the computer. And if that doesn't work, I slap the kids.

During this past video chat, Emma was fascinated with the ottomans. Primarily the space between them. My mom was getting annoyed that Emma was paying more attention to the ottomans than her energetic retelling of twinkly stars.

"EMMA! Look at GRANDMA!"

Emma continued to stare at the ottoman.

"Scotty! What Emma dooooing? Rook Emma! Twinkle twinkle rittle stahr! Emma!"

I told my mom that Emma was just looking at the ottomans.

"Why she do dat for? Rook at Grandma! Em-maaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

I restated to my mom that for some reason Emma was staring at the space between the ottomans.

"Boy, Emma sure likes crack."

AND that's it for this edition of Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime!

No comments: