Saturday, January 5, 2008

Day 106 - Weighty Truths

I know I've been teasing Emma quite a bit about her fussiness and girth, but let it be known today that it is all in good jest. I know that Emma is just a baby and her chubbiness is just a sign of being well-fed (very well-fed). I would never tease Emma about her weight when she is older and understands the words that are coming out of my mouth. I'm sure there will be other things to tease her about like acne and menstrual cramps. So with that preface on to the story for today!

Our nephews, Jason and Jacob, were here again last night having a Wii marathon. In between games the kids would go to the babies and pat them on the head or make funny faces at them. Jason seemed particularly fond of Andrew.

While the kids were blowing each other up, I was at my trusty laptop organizing some photos and returning e-mails. Jason came over to me between games to see what I was doing. During this time I decided to ask Jason what he thought about our new family members. The conversation went a little something like this...

Scott: Jason, what do you think about Andrew?

Jason: He has big eyes.

Scott: Anything else?

Jason: Small head.

Scott: Is that it?

Jason: Oh! He's kinda funny.

Scott: What do you think of Emma?

Jason: Small eyes.

Scott: Anything else?

Jason: Chubby.

Scott: Anything else besides chubby?

Jason: Oh! And fat.

I then asked Jason what he thought of Uncle Scott, and the three words he chose were: funny, goofy, and flaming gay.

No comments: