Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 1441 - Puppet Master


For the kids' birthday, we bought them some hand puppets based on the picture book The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  Andrew got the caterpillar, Emma got the butterfly, and I got the pupa when the caterpillar is digesting itself inside-out.

I strung an old bed sheet between two chairs and told the kids to put on a puppet show.  I remember as a kid, I used to put on puppet shows for my sister with an old bed sheet.  Later in life, I just wanted to strangle my sister with the sheet.  But for now, Emma and Andrew were going to cooperate nicely and recreate The Very Hungry Caterpillar story.

Oh wait.  Did I say cooperate?  Did I say nicely? What was I thinking?  What was suppose to be a simple puppet show became an example of a totalitarian dictatorship!  Emma tried to take charge of the puppet show, but when Andrew ignored her, you witnessed the meltdown of a burgeoning Emma empire.

Here's the video:




No comments: