Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 1429 - Conversations with Emma


The one thing that Emma loves more than her dolls is taking the clothes off of her dolls.  It really drives me crazy because you see freaky naked dolls strewn across the floor like some Spawn of Chucky horror flick.  And you have little pieces of clothes and shoes all over the house like some swinging 1970s little people orgy.

Emma walked across the floor and yelped because she stepped on one of her doll's shoes.  After an unnecessary amount of whining, she dropped the shoe back on the floor.

"Emma," I said.  "Why did you drop the shoe back on the floor?"

"Because I don't need it," she answered.

"Maybe you should put the shoe back on your doll," I suggested.

"No.  I don't want to," Emma stated.

"But I think your doll wants her shoe back on."  I was really trying.

"Why?" countered Emma.

I thought about it and said, "I bet your doll's feet are very cold!"  Good answer.

"Nooooooo," Emma said with her arms askew.

"Why do you say that?" I asked.

"Her feet aren't real.  She's just a doll, Daddy," explained Emma with condescension reminiscent of her Mommy.

No comments: