Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 1237 - Poll Results & New Poll


Last week, I asked whether or not you thought the kids were going to nap at preschool.  The results were tied at forty percent each for not taking a nap and pretending to take a nap and then proceed to wreck havoc at home.  So basically, eighty percent were saying, "You're screwed."

Every day when I picked up the kids at preschool, I asked their teachers if they took a nap.  The answer they gave me was not too surprising.  Emma napped every day at school.  First of all, she is much more comfortable with school.  Also, if she had it her way at home, she would also want to nap every day if it were not for the distraction called Andrew.

As for Andrew, he slept more often than not; probably four out of the five days.  But he had a very hard time settling down and would occasionally scream in the middle of nap time waking the entire class.  The teachers would try to calm Andrew down by patting his head or back.  They would even try cuddling with him to keep him from running around the classroom and stomping on other toddler's heads.

One day when I asked him if he was napping, he said, "I don't like it!  Teacher hold me down!  She hold me down!'

I told him that the teacher was trying to calm him down and make sure he wasn't running around during nap time.  "Which teacher held you down?" I asked.

He specifically answered, "The purple one!"

I didn't notice a purple teacher in class, although one eerily resembles this childhood icon...


 **********

For those of you who have been regular readers of this blog, you probably noticed some changes to it.  First of all, I changed the look of the blog.  Secondly, I'm slowly in the process of expanding the blog into the world of Twitter and Facebook.  And lastly, and most importantly, I have decided to write the blog when I'm sober (Charlie Sheen totally did a wake-up call for me!).

I'm not totally finished with the update of the blog because I may do a few tweaks here and there in terms of text, color, and placement of gadgets.  But I would say the blog is currently 80-90% complete.  The rest of the improvements will basically be ad space for Snuggies, Pajama Jeans, and Toddlers & Tiaras.

So what do you think of the new look?  Is it better?  Worse?  And please leave comments if you have any suggestions!

No comments: