Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 1226 - Conversations with Andrew



The kids are at a stage in their development at which they are beginning to grow more curious about the world around them. They ask us how ice cream is made. They ask us why it rains. They ask us why Mommy would marry someone as unattractive and lithe as Daddy.

When the kids wake up from their naps, I usually give them fruit as a snack. I used to give them cheesecake, but their toddler beds began to buckle. The other day, Andrew asked for a banana, and we had this amazing conversation.

"Daddy? Where do bananas come from?" asked Andrew as he spit tiny pieces of banana on my Atari t-shirt.

"The grow on banana trees," I answered.

"No," Andrew disagreed. "They grow in grocery stores."

THANK YOU! GOOD NIGHT! DON'T FORGET TO TIP YOUR WAITRESSES!



andrew where do bananas grow?
me trees
andrew no. they grow in grocery stores.

No comments: