Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 783 - Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime

With Thanksgiving just days away, let me put to shame all of your crazy family and friends around the dinner table with another edition of...Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime!

When your mother becomes a grandmother, there are several tried and true gifts. You can make scrapbooks, art projects made by the kids, or just give her the damn bastards from the ages of thirteen through twenty-one. Something that I often give Crazy Grandma are framed photos of Emma and Andrew.

For one of the holidays (I think it was National Toasted Marshmallow Day), I gave Crazy Grandma a rotating picture frame display. After taking a very long time trying to figure out which pictures were the cutest and most adorable, I finally selected three pictures of myself; I also put in a picture of the kids.

This past weekend, we were having a family dinner at our place. After Crazy Grandma put down her bottle of Crown Royal, she started to ramble about how cute she thinks the kids are. But any compliment by Crazy Grandma would not be complete without a jab or a nag.

"Emma an An-doo are sooooo cute. But yu gave dat pic-cha of An-doo that no good at all. No good!" exclaimed Crazy Grandma. "It dat pic-cha of An-doo and Emma where An-doo hair rook awwwwful! Awwwwful!"

I wasn't too sure what Crazy Grandma was talking about...as usual. So I asked her why Andrew's hair looked so bad.

"An-doo hair rook so straight and have bad bangs. You know wha An-doo rook rike? Hitler! An-doo rook rike Hitler!"

''Heil me!"

No comments: