Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 782 - Poll Results & New Poll


A few weeks ago, I asked if it was a good idea to limit the praise we give the kids. Sixty-seven percent of you thought that we should lay on the praise like a big gob of Nutella on top of a piece of toast: thick, sweet, and gooey. Thirty-five percent ignored the question all together and sarcastically suggested that we also limit the number of crayons around the television. To that response, I praise all of you for being such terrific smartasses.

Although I don't totally agree that you should lavish praise upon your kids 24/7, I do believe that you should not criticize. I also believe that you should try to encourage them as much as possible and make sure they do not give up on things. For example, just a little while ago I was encouraging Emma and Andrew not to suck so much at coloring, and if they gave up I warned them that I would burn their toys.

**********

I can't believe another year is almost over and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Although the holidays can often be stressful, I try to remember what Thanksgiving should be about. This year, Thanksgiving reminds me of several things: 1) New Moon is my new favorite movie, and I want to marry Taylor Lautner. 2) On Black Friday, Best Buy is selling a 50" Panasonic 1080p television/blu-ray player bundle for $999. 3) We're lucky to have such a great, supportive family.

As much as I make fun of everyone in my family (both the Ichikawas and Ichinagas), I know the kids are very lucky to be surrounded by such a great group of people. So what do you think the kids should be most thankful for this holiday season?

No comments: