Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 773 - Stunt Babies

The kids find the strangest things to play with: torn cardboard, zippers, and my belly button lint. What they have discovered with our sofa is that not only is it a place to sit down or soil, but it is also a great place to do belly flops and falls.

With the pseudo-supervision of an adult, Emma and Andrew love to run and jump on our sofa until they sweat like a Shakira music video. I remember as a child that I used to like to imitate Dick Van Dyke when he would do his pratfall over the ottoman on his television (I watched it in syndication, people! I'm not THAT old!). There's something quite liberating about falling and rolling when you know it is safe to do. Unlike Lazy Grandpa falling and rolling because of a bad back.

Here's a video of the kids doing their latest stunt gag: falling backwards off the edge of the sofa.

No comments: