Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 745 - Good Boy


Andrew can be quite an active handful. Lisa and I have nothing to compare our kids to since our failed kidnapping attempts of other children do not count towards parenting. But Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa told us that when myself and Auntie Anne (pretzel maven) were growing up, they do not remember us being as active as Andrew is. Of course Crazy and Lazy kept us calm on a steady supply of Flintstone's Chewable Valium pills, but we were still relatively laid-back.

Despite Andrew's boundless energy, the one thing that Lisa and I have found quite endearing about Andrew is his thoughtfulness. I don't know if this will be a life-long characteristic, but for the present it's pretty dang cute.

The easiest way to describe this is the way Andrew interacts with Emma. He seems to be concerned about her well-being. For example, Emma was in the bedroom playing with some plastic food. One of her pretend french fries fell behind the sofa, and she couldn't reach it. So Andrew ran into the living room and returned with another french fry for her. Andrew ran out of the room one more time and came back with a scale and The South Beach diet book. A little insulting, but still well-meaning.

Lisa and I have always hoped that Emma and Andrew would become good friends, and perhaps this is the beginning of a life-long friendship. I just hope if I ever hear Emma say, "Say 'hello' to my little friend," she's talking about Andrew and not a semi-automatic weapon pointing towards his head.

No comments: