Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 734 - Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime


Since I start my new television pilot this week, Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa returned to Los Angeles. For the next two months, they will babysit the kids during the day while I am away on vacation...err...I mean work.

When Crazy and Lazy arrived, the kids screamed and were jumping up and down. Either they were thrilled Grandma and Grandpa returned or they in shock and were experiencing painful seizures.

Of course the first thing Crazy Grandma did was change what the kids were wearing. Apparently, the clothes I picked out for them were inappropriate. I argued with my mom that there was absolutely nothing wrong with medieval attire, but she turned a deaf ear on me and took off Andrew's chain mesh vest.

Eventually, we all drove to my parent's new apartment which is literally a 1/2 mile away. My dad popped open their car trunk and I began to help him unload. Since I have been storing a lot of their supplies in our closets, my parents didn't have as much to bring. But still there were a lot of miscellaneous items that I thought did not need to be packed like toilet paper, paper towels, and sponges (Guess who packed that bag?).

I reached into the trunk to grab the last suitcase. It was a carry-on bag that was surprisingly heavy. Actually it was really heavy for its size. Granted my biceps aren't much larger than an elderly man's forearm, but I really had to lug this piece of luggage out of the trunk.

"Geez!" I said. "What's in this suitcase, Dad?"

"I dunno. Ask your Mom. She packed everything," said Lazy Grandpa as he laid down on the garage floor trying to take a nap.

"Mom. What did you pack in this suitcase?"

"Oh? Ret me see. Hmm. Oh yah yah. I know what I pak in dere," said Crazy Grandma.

"What is it?"

"25 pound bag of rice."

At least Crazy Grandma didn't pack up her pagoda and samurai swords.

1 comment:

Thu said...

OMG....I'd forgotten how much I missed Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime. Priceless!