Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 739 - Stroller Strife

For Emma's birthday, we bought her a toy stroller. She really enjoys pushing her dolls around...as well as the occasional brother. But there's one thing that annoys her about it: the seat belt.

It's very easy to snap the seat belt together to make sure her dolls (as well as the occasional brother) are safely fastened in. But when Emma wants to take the doll out, she has a very difficult time snapping the belt off. Over and over again, Lisa and I hear Emma chanting, "I need help! I need help!"

While Lisa and I were preparing dinner, the kids were in the living room playing with the toys. Andrew was of course playing with his damn cars, and Emma was pushing her stroller around the house.

And then we heard Emma's chant: I need help. But what was unusual was that she was not anywhere near us. We glanced all around the living room, and Emma was nowhere to be found.

"I need help!" screamed Emma.

So being the lazy parents, we yelled to her, "Emma! Come here! We're too lazy!"

"I need help! I need help!"

"We're serious, Emma," Lisa and I sternly shouted. "Your parents are too lazy!"

"I need help! I need help! I need help!"

So Lisa and I got off the sofa and put down our weed and beer...oh wait...I said we were in the kitchen. Hmm...

So Lisa and I put our potato peelers down and went into the bedroom to find Emma. But what we saw was unexpected. As usual, Emma needed help unbuckling the seat belt on the toy stroller. What made it an unique situation was that Emma was on the floor stuck in the stroller with the seat belt around her waist.

Poor Emma. She was kicking her legs on the floor stuck in her toy stroller. Sadly, Emma didn't get out of the stroller for a good five minutes because that's the amount of time Lisa and I spent laughing at her.

No comments: