Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day 345 - Andrew's Haircut

This past weekend we took Andrew to a kiddie haircut salon despite my two objections: 1) I wanted to give him a haircut even if it meant he would have to go Van Gogh the rest of his life; 2) I didn't want to spend $25 for a three minute haircut even if it meant he would have to go Van Gogh the rest of his life.

Lisa and I did agree we would not give Emma a haircut because we wanted her hair to grow out more. At the very least, I could always give Emma a quick little trim around her bangs when the time comes.

Something Lisa and I did not agree about was my back hair. Lisa wanted me to get a trim, but I enjoy the tufts of wild hair on my back. It's like extra back support when I go to sleep at night.

We took Andrew to this place that specializes with children haircuts called The Yellow Balloon. Literally, when you enter the place there are yellow balloons every where. Unfortunately it is next door to a restaurant called STD BBQ that is also literal with its name (e.g. Chlamydia Chicken).

The only instructions we gave our barber was to not cut Andrew's top too short. We like how Andrew's hair looks like a baby Della Reese and wanted to keep it that way. As the haircut began, Andrew was a little confused and began to whine. But our barber quickly gave Andrew one toy after another to keep him occupied. About seven minutes later, the haircut ended. Our barber put some of Andrew's hair in an envelope, gave him a certificate, and then took a Polaroid picture of us.

Sadly, we think the barber cut Andrew's hair a little too short on the top so his Beakerness is gone. But overall it was a pretty pleasant experience for everyone. The best part about this experience is that I was able to observe how to cut hair so I KNOW I'll be ready next month to shear Andrew's head...err...hair off.

Here's a little video of Andrew's haircut!


4 comments:

Susan Tajii said...

He looks so grown up!!!

Tajii Family said...

his hair is way too short!!!!

Susan Tajii said...

I think the cut is perfect, he's sooo cute!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think he looks terrific and adorable! Btw, that clock he was holding? I threw that clock toy (accidentally!!) at Gail when we were kids. Hear that Gail? It was an accident!
debbi