Monday, September 1, 2008

Day 344 - Poll Results & New Poll


Last week I asked who you think will take the first step: Andrew, Emma, or Stephen Hawking. Surprisingly, I received a phone call from Stephen Hawking. He was insulted and hurt that nobody voted for him. He said (a la robotic voice), "i can not be lieve no body voted for me i want to run some one over with my wheel chair i am so angry doh my wheel chair batteries are dead help me so embarrassing"

As for the actual results, sixty-three percent of you think Emma will take the first step. This is one small step for Emma, one giant leap for Emma getting to the food pantry.

It really does seem that Emma is on the verge of taking her first step. She can stand by herself without any help, and the longest she has stood has probably been fifteen to twenty seconds. On the other hand, Andrew is still too much of a busy body to practice standing. Why stand when you can scurry across the room in three seconds flat?

**********

Today's poll relates to our Wii Fit progress. It has been three weeks since we have been using the Wii Fit. Although it doesn't look like we have lost weight, Lisa and I have both lost around four pounds. The real evidence is when I walk around the apartment without a shirt showcasing my rock hard abs.

The Wii Fit has become a bit of an obsession because you end up graphing your weight and body mass index every day. Since you don't want the chart showing weight gain, you tend to exercise more and watch what you eat. And as an added bonus, it makes your wife enjoy the Wii which in turn will make it easier to buy a future game instead of hearing "You don't need that!"

So this morning like every morning, I exercised on the Wii Fit for around thirty minutes. After my workout, I perform the body test which weighs you and tells you your body mass index number. To my chagrin, the damn Wii Fit said I gained a little weight. I reluctantly saved my progress and turned off the damn Wii Fit.

Also this morning like every morning, I took a dump. I grabbed a few Sunday ads and had a relaxing sit (or the other word) on the crapper. While washing my hands and thinking about my tremendous poop, a thought came to mind: I should weigh myself on the Wii Fit again! Considering the amount of cargo that went overboard, there should be some sort of change with my weight.

So I turned on the Wii and weighed myself again. And guess what? I lost over a pound! Imagine how much weight I could lose after a Taco Bell binge. Goodbye twelve pounds!

I proudly told Lisa how much weight I lost merely by dropping the kids off at the pool. And Lisa accused me of cheating! So this brings us to the core of this week's poll: Did I cheat at the Wii Fit? Or is Lisa just jealous because her dainty raisin droppings can't compare to my rainforest logs?

2 comments:

Susan Tajii said...

Enough of the Wii stuff, where is a picture and video of Andrew's new do? And a video of Emma getting into a standing position!

Anonymous said...

You try for a 2 pounder next time and then increase by a half a pound there after.