Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 965 - Poll Results & New Poll


Last week, I asked whether nap time is over now that the kids learned how to climb out of their cribs. I truly hope this week's poll result is correct because fifty percent voted that nap time is not over, but we will need to give it another week or two. And right behind, twenty-five percent thought it could be over, but we should try to train the kids how to relax and nap again.

For a little over a week, the kids have not napped at all in their cribs. They have on occasion fell asleep in the car, in their high chairs, or in the middle of the street (Don't worry. We placed traffic cones around them.), but never in their cribs. The most success we have had so far is that Lisa was able to keep the kids in their cribs for about an hour without them climbing out. I'm hoping this is the first step towards the kids taking naps again. And if not, I'm taking out my rainy day funds and purchase one of these:


Why they haven't made these baby cages since 1937 is beyond me...

**********

Poor Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa have been more exhausted than usual because the kids are no longer napping. Grandma has become crazier and Grandpa has become lazier. They do everything they can do to keep the kids safely in their cribs. They give them books to read, dolls to play, and a dry sherry to relax. But as I've mentioned previously, the kids just are not napping.

Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa have started to lie down on the floor during nap time because they are afraid the kids might get into too much trouble. But all that really happens is that the kids start throwing their books and dolls at Crazy and Lazy from their cribs. I like to call it a Fisher Price stoning.

Although I understand Crazy Grandma's and Lazy Grandpa's hesitation to leave the kids in their room by themselves, I've been suggesting to them that they should not lie down with them during nap time because it probably just keeps the kids up. So far, my parents have not taken my suggestion.

What do you think? Am I right? Is it okay for Crazy and Lazy to lie down? Should the kids use real stones?

No comments: