Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 966 - Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime


Let's go through the checklist to make sure we're all ready for Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime! Wash our hands? Check. Make our bed? Check. Tidy up the room? Check. Use q-tips to clean around the bathroom faucets? Check. Rearrange the furniture in our house so it's unrecognizable when we come home from work? Check. Say you're on a diet yet you eat up all of our baked goods in two days flat? Check. Now we're ready for...Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime!

When we last visited Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime, I recounted a story in which Crazy Grandma thought she was watching Avatar although she was actually watching The Hurt Locker. It is a common enough mistake with Crazy Grandma. She has confused Slumdog Millionaire for Ghandi, Forrest Gump for Turner and Hooch, and Beauty and the Beast for According to Jim.

This past weekend, Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa mustered enough energy to babysit the kids one night while Lisa and I went out for dinner. I told my parents that I could download a movie on our Tivo so I gave them a couple of choices.

"Do you care what movie you watch?" I asked Crazy and Lazy. "How about Valentine's Day or It's Complicated?"

Suddenly, Crazy Grandma turned towards me and scolded me. "What you mean it's complicated? You no tink I understand movies? I read blog where you say I taught I was watching Avatar. But I can perfectly understand movie. Don't you go around tinking dat movies are too complicated for me to see!"

I then explained to Crazy Grandma that It's Complicated is actually the name of a movie.

"Oooooh," she said. "Dah one with Meryl Streep? I rike her. I watch that one."

And after she watched It's Complicated, Crazy Grandma told me that she didn't think Sophie's Choice was going to be that funny.

1 comment:

Anna San said...

i found this from beforeyouwerehot - honestly, i have not laughed so hard in forever. let me just reiterate, i am really glad for jared's sake your sofa has a chaise.