Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 831 - Poll Results & New Poll


Last week I asked what blog entry you enjoyed the most last year. I guess all of the entries were the same to you (i.e. mediocre at best) because there was a three way tie for first: Grandparental Guidance, Freedom of Feces, and The Musubi Baby. Sadly, there was not one vote for Toy Story which was about Andrew's phallic toy. Weird, you'd think phalluses and babies would be a match made in heaven.

Personally, I enjoyed The Musubi Baby entry because there is something so surreal and wrong about the story. What type of message are you trying to send kids when you ask them to eat the storybook's main character? And the baby no less! I don't recall reading Clifford the Big Red Dog, and seeing a recipe at the end telling you how to make Clifford Casserole. Although I must admit I saw a Chinese import of that same book, and there was a recipe for Sweet and Sour Clifford on the last page.

**********

Now that a new year has arrived, I've been thinking that maybe I need to inject a jolt of freshness to this blog. As a first step, I promise to post less pictures of myself (that should increase the hits twofold with cool people). The second thing I thought I could do is to change the format of the weekly poll.

Instead of devoting an entire entry to the results and the new poll, what if I just put the weekly poll without any explanation or commentary at all? That way I could make Monday's entry something different like Crazy Grandma Monday or My Favorite Picture of Scott. Oh crap. I can't do that anymore, can I?

What do you think?

No comments: