Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day 587 - Happy Mother's Day

Today we celebrate Mother's Day -- the day your mom passed her placenta from her vah-jay-jay. Every year I explain to Lisa that Mother's Day should really be a day that she tries to show her worth as a mother; it should be a test day. Instead of me doing everything for her, she should show what she can do for me. How well can she make breakfast? Can she vacuum the house without missing any spots? Can she make dinner, feed the kids, give them a bath, and brush their teeth before I get back from the strip club?

Alas, just like last year, Lisa looked at me, placed her arms gently on my shoulders, and kicked me in the balls. Sigh...when will I learn?

As usual, I tried to make Mother's Day as relaxing as possible for Lisa. Not only did this include me doing the cooking and household chores, but it also meant I had to keep my mouth shut from saying sarcastic and stupid things. For breakfast, I made cinnamon french toast stuffed with bananas and peanut butter. In the afternoon, we all went to the mall where we ate lunch and Lisa did some shopping. And for dinner, Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa came over, and we ate spaghetti and meatballs, Caesar salad, and garlic bread.

If you click the video below, you can see Lisa and Crazy Grandma opening their presents. Lisa got candy, opal earrings, and hand prints of the kids. As for Crazy Grandma, we got her a gift card for a Burke Williams spa massage. Did she like the gift card? Just watch the video for her reaction...sigh.

No comments: