Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 586 - Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime

Log into your Evite account and invite all of your favorite schizophrenic, manic depressive, and psychotic friends because it's time for another edition of...Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime!

Not that I need any help to establish my reputation as a geek, but I purchased advanced tickets to see Star Trek tonight. Furthermore, I took out my blue spandex out of the closet and glued elephant foreskin to my ears to live long and prosper.

Our movie started at 8:30p which was perfect timing for Crazy Grandma and Lazy Grandpa because the kids would be asleep and all they would have to do is so what they would do at home: watch TV and have sex. See! We really do need a new sofa!

I had The Curious Case of Benjamin Button on blu-ray, so my parents decided to watch that while we were gone. For those of you not familiar with the movie, it's based on a F. Scott Fitzgerald short story about a baby born as an old man and ages backwards which in turn is based on a Gary Marshall character named "Mearth" who is also born as an old man and ages backwards from the television show "Mork and Mindy." Or is it vice versa?

Nevertheless, when we returned home from Star Trek (which was great!), my parents were watching the last 15-20 minutes of Benjamin Button. You can usually tell how much my parents enjoy a movie by their alertness. If they're both awake, the movie is good. If my dad is awake and my mom is asleep, the movie is so-so. If they're both asleep, either the movie sucked or they just finished having sex on the sofa.

When the end credits started to roll, Lisa asked my parents what they thought of the movie. My dad thought he was going to be bored by it, but it kept his interest and was better than he thought. And Crazy Grandma said, "It amazing it true story!"

...

...

WHAT?!?

Lisa and Lazy Grandpa just looked at Crazy Grandma as if she was...well...crazy!

"Yaaaah," continued Crazy Grandma. "I dunno how person born old, but turn into baby. Weird, riiight? I glad I no turn out rike dat! I no wanna be baby again. Dat crazy!"

Lazy Grandpa asked Crazy Grandma why she thought the movie was based on a true story. She answered, "It dah-cue-men-terry, right? Based on true story, right? Dat what Scotty say."

Alas, that last part was true. Before Crazy Grandma started to watch the movie, I jokingly told her that the movie was based on a true story. I told her it's like those children who age really fast, except in this situation they age backwards in real time. And yes...I also told her The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was a documentary.

As we all laughed, our sounds drowned out Crazy Grandma yelling, "SCOTTIEEEEEE! WHY YOU DO DAT TO ME? STOP IT! AAAHHH! YOU STOOPID! AH! NO FUN! AHHHHHH!"

No comments: