Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 573 - Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime

Don't think your eyes are fooling you. You really are seeing someone clean the entire bathroom with a box q-tips because it's...Crazy Grandma Ichikawa Storytime!

As I mentioned earlier, Auntie Anne (pretzel maven) was in town. Before she returned to New York, my parents bought her a cake since her birthday is on May 5th. Little known fact: In Japan, May 5th is known as Boy's Day. Even less known fact: Auntie Anne aptly has a penis.

Crazy Grandma Ichikawa loves her dessert. She bought a Chocolate Parisian cake which was pretty darn good. It looked very heavy, but was surprisingly light. Much like overweight people dancing.

There was quite a bit of leftover cake so we stuck it in the fridge for a later date. But Crazy Grandma Ichikawa told us that she was going to have a big piece of cake for breakfast tomorrow. Her surprisingly logical theory is that it's better to have dessert in the morning because you'll be able to burn off more calories throughout the day.

As we were cleaning up, Crazy Grandma kept on talking about the cake. She was being very forceful about making sure there was a nice big piece of cake for her to eat in the morning.

It got to the point where Crazy Grandma shouted out proudly to everyone in the kitchen, "You bettah naht touch mah cake! I want big piece! I can't wait to get five inches in mah mouth!"

There are so many things I can say right now that would make me vomit that I am just going to stop typing and turn off my computer...

No comments: