Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 1130 - Conversations with Emma


At the end of each day, I like to review with the kids what we did. I'll ask them simple questions like, "What did you like doing?", "What did you not like about the day?", "Do you think it's a good idea to tell Mommy that Daddy was drunk today?"

Tonight, I had this conversation with Emma while I was helping her brush her teeth.

"Emma, did you have fun today?" I asked.

"Uh-huh!" Emma said nodding in agreement.

"What did you like about today?"

"Uh...blarg blah pah guh," said Emma attempting to pronounce her vowels.

"I see," I said with disengaged interest. "What else did you like?"

"Dah garg nah ruh dah," mumbled Emma as I brushed her molars.

"Yes, that was fun." I had no idea what she said. "Did you like anything else?"

Then, Emma grabbed my hand and made me take the toothbrush out of her mouth. After spitting, she said with frustration, "You know, I can't talk when I have the toothbrush in my mouth!"

No comments: