Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 1129 - Puppy Party!


Emma and Andrew went to a friend's birthday party where they had a bunch of puppies in an enclosed gate for the kids to play with. Although I find it a little peculiar to have a bunch of babies and toddlers crawling around in a playpen with puppies, I will admit it is a much better idea than the last party where they had the national touring company of Cats in a playpen.

Neither Lisa or I are big animal lovers. We don't have anything against them; we eat them every other day. It seems as if our lack of interest with animals has caused our children to be particularly wary of them. I'm glad our kids are cautious around animals, but there seems to be something a little wrong when they fear little furry, fetus-sized puppies scampering around their feet.

At first, Emma and Andrew seemed engaged with the puppies. When we asked the kids if they wanted to pet the puppies, they both said yes. But as soon as we put the kids in the playpen with the puppies, you could visibly see that Emma and Andrew wanted to get out faster than a john with a $2 whore.

I felt slightly embarrassed that our little kids were freaking out with the baby Cujos. I wasn't sure why I felt that way because I knew I was not transferring my own insecurities and fears upon my children. And there was absolutely no way those feelings were also being manipulated to amplify my insufficient abilities as a father and husband. Nope. No way. ...i need a hug...

But all kids fear different things for any number of reasons. As a parent, you just want to make sure these fears do not hinder your child's ability to function on a day to day basis. Otherwise, it's all a part of growing up and hoping your kids don't turn out too f'd up.

Here are a couple of pictures of the kids hanging on to dear life from the rampaging assault of furry cuteness.


"STAY THE F*^& AWAY!"


"DIE MOTHERF*&^ER DIE!!!"


"WHERE THE F*#! DID YOU COME FROM?"

No comments: